Social Work Services
Registered Social Workers provide support to clients in the community and whilst they are in hospital.
We help people and their families who are experiencing problems arising from ill health or disability.
Social Workers respond to emotional, psychosocial and practical needs. We advocate for people to ensure their rights, responsibilities and entitlements are respected.
- Support for People with Ill Health or Disability
- Support for Whanau/Family with People in Hospital
- Pregnancy Counselling / Information/Support
- Miscarriage Support
- Medlab Tissue Collection
- Information on Health and Disability Resources
- Counselling and Emotional Support/Grief and Loss
- Family / Relationship Concerns/Carer Stress
- Crisis / Trauma
- Financial Concerns / Legal Matters, e.g. EPOA
- Aged Care information and support to navigate through the system
- Cancer Support
- Family Violence Issues /Child Protection
- Overseas Patients
- National Travel Assistance
- Housing / Home Insulation
- Information on other hospital services e.g. palliative care etc
- Referral to Community Support Services or Resources.
Timaru Hospital Campus
Queen Street, Timaru
You can access our service by contacting the Social Work Office, or you can ask to be referred by your doctor or practice nurse, your hospital specialist or nurse. We also accept referrals from other hospitals, other health professionals and government and community agencies.