Women's Health (Gynaecology)
Gynaecology provides inpatient, day patient and outpatient services for women in South Canterbury.
- Gynaecology Outpatient Clinic – assessment of presenting gynaecological issue.
- Colposcopy Clinic – management of abnormal smear results; Lletz treatments are done under Local or general anaesthetic.
- Acute Gynaecological Conditions.
- Management of early pregnancy complications.
- Management of post pregnancy complications.
- Elective and acute Gynaecology surgery.
- Management of gynaecological oncology (cancer) conditions (often in conjunction with tertiary centre Canterbury District Health Board).
Gynaecology Clinics held on Level 2, Timaru Hospital
Colposcopy Clinics held in OPD on Level 1, Timaru Hospital
Ms Catherine Parker - Clinical Director Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Paediatric Services
Mr Albert Makary - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Ms Kristen Jensen - Obstetrics and Gynaecology