Things to consider
When choosing a GP there are a number of things to consider. Most importantly, choose a doctor you trust and with whom you are comfortable. If you would like to find out more about your options to change GP, or to find out which practices are taking on new patients, don't hesitate to call our friendly team on: 03 687 2307.
- Most importantly, choose a doctor you trust and with whom you are comfortable, considering things such as age, gender, language, background, training, and personality.
- General Practitioners (GP) charge different fees; this may be important to you. Bear in mind some GPs charge less than their stated fees in different circumstances. Some also have different services available and may even vary in consultation lengths.
- Where is the practice’s location? Is it convenient?
- What is the after-hours cost and facility?
- How long are the wait times for appointments? How long does it take to get an appointment?
- What are the office hours and does the doctor allow for walk-ins?
- Does the GP have a sub-specialty?