The COVID-19 Testing Clinic Is Now Closed
The COVID-19 Testing Clinic at 14 Butler Street, Timaru had its last day on Friday 29 May 2020. Testing and assessment for COVID-19 and other respiratory or flu like illnesses will now be performed by the GP practices in South Canterbury.
Nigel Trainor, Chief Executive would like to say a heartfelt thank you to all the health care workers who have played a part in setting up and running the COVID-19 Testing Clinic since it opened on the 19 March 2020. I would also like to thank the people who have been tested in South Canterbury, as you have all played a part in providing assurance that we have no undetected cases of COVID-19 in South Canterbury.
“The Mobile Testing Service will still be available from Monday to Friday for any Aged Care residents who require testing”, says Nigel.
It is important people continue to get assessed if they are feeling unwell and have any of the below symptoms
- Sore throat
- Head cold
- Change in sense of smell
- Acute shortness of breath
If you have any of these symptoms please call Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or your doctor to get tested.
We continue to remind the South Canterbury community it is important practice the below:
- Most importantly - if you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise
- Remember to physical distance from other people when you’re out in public, including on transport
- If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your GP clinic or Healthline immediately and get tested
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene - it is a simple and effective tool to keep COVID-19 at bay
- Keep your social gatherings to a maximum of 100 people at once
- Remember it is important to keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help with contact tracing if we need it. The NZ COVID Tracer app is now available to support contact tracing in New Zealand. You can download the app to create a digital diary of the places you visit by scanning QR codes displayed at the entrances to businesses and public buildings.
To learn more about it and download the app, visit https://tracing.covid19.govt.nz/.
If you are a business and want to set up QR code poster https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/contact-tracing.
Keep up the great work and stay safe everyone!
South Canterbury District Health Board
P: 03 687 2395 | M: 021 139 7442