Patient Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) Screening
If you have a qualifying confirmed appointment or booked for surgery, you will be contacted to advise you require a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24 hours of your appointment or surgery.
This applies to all surgery in theatre and “all aerosol producing procedures” which is generally dental, ear nose and throat procedures and endoscopies.
RAT drive-thru screening will operate at the Timaru Hospital, Gardens Block entrance on Queen Street, Timaru. You will remain in your vehicle and be supervised whilst completing the test.
The RAT drive-thru screening operating hours are:
Monday to Friday between:
- 7:00am – 3:30pm.
When you approach the RAT drive-thru screening site, please look for the marshals wearing pink vests on Queens Street.
Please see the below screening process that will take place:
- Screened for COVID-19 symptoms, If YES » you will be referred for a PCR test.
If NO you will be:
- Cross checked to appointment
- RAT drive thru to screening
- Wait 15 mins for your result
- If RAT is NEGATIVE, you’ll be given a wrist band confirming your result which enables you to proceed to your surgery or appointment.
Things to note:
*Please attend the RAT drive thru screening clinic during the above times only
*If you have any COVID-19 symptoms the’ll be asked to register their result on My Covid Record and referred to Aorangi Park, Morgans Road to pick up their RATs.