We’d like to hear from you about how we’re doing.

For general feedback your first option is to use our i-form PDF, 98.59 KB to tell us about your experience and provide feedback.

If you want to make a complaint, there is a formal process for this. South Canterbury DHB willingly receives and investigates all complaints.

You can make a complaint by:

If you need help making your complaint or want to speak to someone outside of the South Canterbury DHB organisation you can do so by:

  • Contacting the nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service. Phone the local advocate on 03 687 2291, or the national call centre on toll free 0800 555 050.
  • Calling the office of the Health and Disability Commissioner on 0800 11 22 33.

Providing your name and contact details is optional. If you provide your name and contact details we will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
  • Respond to your concerns in a timely manner.
  • Notify you of any delays in the investigation of your complaint.

If you become dissatisfied with how your complaint is being handled, or if you are not totally satisfied with the response you receive, you may discuss your concerns with an investigation officer at the office of the Health and Disability Commissioner,  phone 0800 11 22 33.